Of course I’d post this at 1am. OF COURSE.
Here is a list of cons I’ll be at this year, including my first in the USA! The last two are TBC but I’ll be there even if I don’t get a table so hey.
I feel like I should be doing something in June though.
So I think I know what this year’s Free Comic Day copyright buster is gonna be.
I forget what I did this for.
Submitted this to two different places but I guess neither liked it.
One of these days I intend to do a ‘Life And Times Of Redmond J. Fox’ type book. I’ve got a rough idea of his life at least.
So I’m thinking of doing a little WHO THE HECK IS REDMOND J. FOX type minicomic to introduce people to Red Fox Comix at cons and such. Like a little freebie thing maybe. And I thought a fun/easy way of doing that seeing as I’m so bad at describing my characters is to do some ask blog style pictures and compile them.
So send Red some asks and I’ll draw him answering them! Make em as serious or as silly as you like.
Was just going through my art folder and saw these process jpegs of this piece and thought it’d maybe make a good gif. This probably isn’t all that educational, but if you’re curious I’ll talk about each step in the gif…
1) a sketch, it’s simple but I tried a lot of different poses and drew and erased and redrew a lot before I arrived at this. Goin for a casual fashion pose.
2) thought the glasses looked dumb and ditched them, refined the sketch
3) tweaked the expression and added detail
4) flat colors
5) okay I did a lot here and it’s too convoluted to break down, haha, gradients, textures, overlays, shading, etc. Typically my coloring process is a little loosey goosey if I’m being honest. I experiment a lot and try different things and see what clicks.
6) little bit of color adjustment, and I added a simple background, and some probably not great typography.
and that’s all she wrote!
Oh, before I forget, this character is my take on Redmond J Fox in my own style http://redmondjfox.tumblr.com/
Tickled up that Damien Hirst piece a bit.
Hey anybody remember The Punkateers?
Drew a full comic about them like two years ago, but as is my wont, I never published it. The story featured them attaining a level of fame that didn’t seem in character. Plus the stylistic gimmick I was using (each page was a double page spread like an old Sunday comic) didn’t really work for me, and didn’t seem relevant to the subject matter.
So I’ve dug it out for a redraw, and I’m considering doing it as a riso printed zine type thing? Here’s some rough ideas of how Red may look in it.
Give me a million pounds.